These lessons from Mike Coday’s blog are helpful to new RRSA roofing salesmen, but can also help our current salespeople to remind themselves of things not to do and how to continue to be successful.
Here is the first portion of the blog post:
It was back in my rookie year that I learned my most valuable lesson.
I was the #1 roof salesman in my office according to the number of contracts signed, but I was ranked #20 in terms of dollar amount. In a few short months, I had managed to sign over 50 contracts. Meanwhile, the top dogs in the office only had 20-30 contracts, but were making 3x as much money.
So, what was the problem?
Well, I was signing up small roofs. I was comfortable approaching people who lived in homes that looked like the home I grew up in (modest). Nice people, salt of the earth, but their roofs were tiny compared to the jobs the top dogs were signing up.
I had it in my head that I could never talk to the people that lived in those big, nice, beautiful neighborhoods. I was convinced they wouldn’t want to talk to me.”
It is a great blog post, be sure to read it all.
- 88We are going to do some forward thinking today for new RRSA roofing salesmen, or this post could well apply to current salesmen and management. The National Roofing Contractors Association has this great teaching module called How to Be an Excellent Trainer. The course is free and last about 15…
- 81"You never get a second chance to make a first impression.” Will Rogers wasn’t a roofing salesperson, but if he were he would have made a great one. Creating a sales presentation what wins jobs is part art, part customer statistics and a pinch of discipline all rolled into one.…
- 74This great video goes step by step with a roofing salesman actually doing a roof inspection. Very informative for new RRSA sales team members, and current members too.
- 71If you are considering coming to work for RRSA as a roofing salesman and wonder about the ins and outs of a roofing salesman's life, you will learn a lot from reading this thread from Roofing.com, where actually roofing salesmen, roofers, insurance adjusters and contractors talk candidly about roofing sales.…
- 71I found this great article from Roofing Contractor, Ten Tips for More Effective Roofing Sales Presentations. Below is the beginning of the article, you can read the full article by clicking on the link above. Great stuff for roofing salesmen! "You never get a second chance to make a first…